The Connect NC Bond contains more than $91 Million for Burke County projects that will have tremendous positive impacts for the community and residents.
- $58 MILLION for Western Campus of the N.C. School of Science and Mathematics
- $23 MILLION Improving National Guard Facility
- $5.0 MILLION Western Piedmont Community College Improvements
- $3.0 MILLION Improving Lake James State Park
- $2.2 MILLION Improving South Mountain State Park
According to the Connect NC Bond website, "The Connect NC bond will allow us to pay for 50-year assets with 20-year financing. No tax increases are necessary to finance the bond, given our strong revenue growth and ample debt service capacity. We will continue to balance the budget and uphold our position as one of only 10 states to have earned the coveted Triple A bond rating from all three major ratings agencies."
Be sure to go to the polls Tuesday, March, 15, and vote!
Find out more about the bond and the other projects it will fund across the state at connect.nc.gov.
Related Information & Links
(1/19/2016) NCSSM Community Forum